Hello everybody!
We're going to do things a LITTLE differently today: I'm doing a behind the scenes post about what goes into a StWD drawing! I hope you enjoy reading and comment if you would like to see more like this.
Note: This drawing was done on my iPad rather than on paper like most of the drawings you see here, mostly because it's simply easier to screenshot a drawing in progress than to stop and take pictures. Thanks for your understanding :D
And finally...the moment you've been waiting for....the finished product!
And since this is a behind the scenes post...
(VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: y'all remember I'm moving, right? Well, internet access will be scattered and very rare, and blogging near impossible, so I'm temporarily shutting down Steve the Wimpy Dragon. See ya in a month or so!)
We're going to do things a LITTLE differently today: I'm doing a behind the scenes post about what goes into a StWD drawing! I hope you enjoy reading and comment if you would like to see more like this.
Note: This drawing was done on my iPad rather than on paper like most of the drawings you see here, mostly because it's simply easier to screenshot a drawing in progress than to stop and take pictures. Thanks for your understanding :D
![]() |
| I start off with a rough outline of Steve, lightly done but dark enough that the lines can be used later |
![]() |
| Then I darken up the lines that I want to keep in my final drawing |
![]() |
| And then clean it up with white (or an eraser) |
![]() |
| Now for the FINAL DARKENING (which sounds like a horror movie, amiright?) |
![]() |
| and now a quick details sketch. A lot of times, the details are done two or three times before I'm happy! |
![]() |
| Like I said, I redo the details. A lot. |
![]() |
| I finally settled for this as my final sketch |
| Time to start shading! (and this is a pain so let's fast forward, shall we? |
![]() |
| Finalized shading! |
![]() |
| What do you think? (Note: I'm not saying this is from the readers, I'm saying it's TO the readers. I only am just now realizing how that could be confusing and CONFUSION IS BAD) |
![]() |
| What the drawing would look like if I changed the background. (a.k.a. fun parts about drawing on one's iPad instead of on paper) I hope you enjoyed this post!! |
(VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: y'all remember I'm moving, right? Well, internet access will be scattered and very rare, and blogging near impossible, so I'm temporarily shutting down Steve the Wimpy Dragon. See ya in a month or so!)










Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment